Old 10-24-10, 09:56 PM
Keithm

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
72 deg. seat tube legs with a 54 cm top tube torso, help

I did a bike fit through compettitve cyclist and started to get a picture of my poor proportions. I'm 5'10 with a 33" inseam, but my thigh is 23" by itself (from butt to knee cap as described on their site, flat back to the wall). when I pedal, my knee caps literaly reach past my shoulder blades in the drops(my back is flat, not arched). my current bike has a 73.5 deg. seat tube angle and a 55 cm c-c virtual top tube(head tube is also 73.5). the post that comes with my bike, a streampost, is proprietary and can't be swapped for more setback(its at least 15mm anyways). I'm riding a bontrager r saddle, and based on the wing position versus rail position, I don't think changing saddles is going to make much of a difference. my current stem is 100mm, but I dont think Im far enough back, meaning I would need a shorter stem. I don't really want to do that. any ideas on a 72 deg bike with a short top tube? even considered a womans frame figuring on a shorter top tube compared to seat angle, but thats not the case. a 73 or 74 deg frame would work with a very short top tube, 54 tops for a 73, 52 tops for a 74, because a deep offset post will lengthen the top tube. open to suggestions. thanks