Old 10-26-10, 02:15 PM
Luis Ciclista
Lluis Ciclista

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Peter Voorhees
I'm more confused than ever. Are the photos posted by Luis Ciclista the same ones that adyharrison said that he would post? Apologies to Luis, I am interested in what you have to say but I can't understand exactly what you are saying. Perhaps you could say it in a different way. The frame in the Flicker link is similar to mine. Could it be a repaint? There are lots of little differences for example the brake bridge and the "aero" seat stays but the most interesting thing to me is the Renolds decal. Mine is Columbus Tretubi but looks the same as this other frame. So is the Renolds decal wrong? Did Renolds make shaped tubing? Was Contini reshaping the tubing? That would explain a lot. As to Contini casting the Cinelli logo in all their castings and then incorporating their logo in the Contini logo would seem to be not worth the trouble.
The frame I found abandoned in a store. It was never used so this intact. Contini think it was a great imitator of the big brands. Although their frames were of high quality. The company still exists and you can contact her. I have done and have been very kind. His website is http://www.goicontini.com/