snoopz666
biketilldeath

Bikes: 2005 Norco Aline:D

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rasheed

1. get some blue loc-tite and put some on the adjuster screw. adjust the levers to where you want them and then lock them in place with the loc-tite. this little bugger is notorious for coming loose, giving your brakes a spongy feel.

2. put some duct tape or something like that over the master cylinder cap. for some reason they cheaped out and used some crappy plastic plug instead of a screw. these things have been known to pop out at the most untimely instances causing you to lose your brake fluid and braking ability. strapping some duct tape over the cap is a quick fix to what could end up causing some serious problems.

about the levers being squeezed when the wheel's not in place, i've never had to rebleed my brakes whenever i've done that accidentally. usually a flat screwdriver will do the trick. just wedge it in between the pads carefully and wiggle it around a bit until the calipers pop back into place.

first of all for a quick fix the blue locktire works but send hayes and email and they will send you a nylock insert and youll never have a problem again.

second the brakes i have(HFX-9s), have screws to hold the cap on the master cylinder. if you mean the little rubber cap on the calipure that doesnt matter unless you open the valve to bleed your brakes.

and third if you do push the pads together, take the pads out and then carefully push the pistons back in with a small closed end wrench. to prevent this ask your dealer if they have any little hydro brake stopper piece of plastic thingys (very technical term eh) or you could just stick a piece of folded cardboard in them, this is how some manufactures send their bikes.