View Single Post
Old 10-27-10, 06:02 PM
xoxoxoxoLive

Bikes: 2013 TREK 7.6 FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Well I thought I would pull a good one on my son, 10-27-2010 went on a speed ride, him riding the new
Schwinn Tourist, me the new F4. I lead the draft with about a 15 MPH tailwind, ( LOL ..and on the way back
told him I would draft him. ( I,m a cheater Laugh ), he was cranking it out. Very proud of him ! I noticed the
last 500 yards from our driveway he was starting to struggle, made my move, passed him by a few feet,
heard him say OH NO ! Next thing I know he was passing me like nothing, beat me by a 100 yards to the driveway.
( BUT ) our drive is about 1./2 mile long rough gravel road and about 350' descent with a large speed bump about half way down to keep
the cars from going to fast. On the old Trailways I could manage around 15 MPH going down, crashed once though, but on the new F4 probably 25 MPH, caught air on the speed bump, and was at the house half way
through an adult beverage before he skillfully masters his way down it...Hats off to him for owning me on the road ride ! But the few second down hill was AWESOME, and a little scary ! I was flying down the drive..
Christopher and Richard !