rasheed
mmm babaghanouj.

Bikes: 2003 norco fluid 3.0, 2016 Intense Tracer 275C Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by snoopz666
first of all for a quick fix the blue locktire works but send hayes and email and they will send you a nylock insert and youll never have a problem again.

second the brakes i have(HFX-9s), have screws to hold the cap on the master cylinder. if you mean the little rubber cap on the calipure that doesnt matter unless you open the valve to bleed your brakes.

and third if you do push the pads together, take the pads out and then carefully push the pistons back in with a small closed end wrench. to prevent this ask your dealer if they have any little hydro brake stopper piece of plastic thingys (very technical term eh) or you could just stick a piece of folded cardboard in them, this is how some manufactures send their bikes.
never heard of the nylock insert until now. guess i'll send 'em an email tonight and see if they send me the piece.

i have hfx-9s also, and i'm not speaking about the rubber cap on the caliper. i'm not sure how new your brakes are, but mine and a number of other people i know that have the brakes have a black plastic piece on the master cylinder that is held on by screws. in the middle of that, just beside where it says "dot 3 or dot fluid" you'll see a small round plastic cap. this cap has been known to pop out at unopportune times causing brake fluid to spray out. it's happened to a buddy of mine who i DJ with so i know i'm not just making it up.

you can't see it too well in this picture, but the small round cap i'm talking about is under the strip of duct tape to the right of the lever pivot that you can barely see in this picture: