Old 05-16-05, 06:36 PM
DocF
Older Than Dirt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Retro Grouch
Good topic! Now we all get to tell our dog stories.

<snip>
We were following another couple on a tandem rally in Mississippi when a dog came out to greet us. The stoker on the other bike calmly took a co2 horn thingie from out of the caprtain's jersey and gave the dog a short very high pitched "toot". That dog stopped in his tracks like he had run into an invisible glass wall. I've never found where to buy one but I admit that I haven't tried very hard. <snip>
Most self-respecting marine supply houses will have a miniature freon horn for little money. Try West marine on line. http://westmarine.com/

When I was in high school we had a dog in the neighborhood that chased bicycles and motorcycles. He knocked over a couple of kids on bikes and bit my girl friend when he attacked her motorcycle. We armed ourselves with a 6 inch clay flowerpot full of very hard dirt. I got on the motorcycle behind my girl friend and we motored past the doggie's home. Out he came and I crowned him with the pot. He never chased anything again. As a matter of fact, he spent most of his days after this just sitting around looking stupid.

Doc

Last edited by DocF; 05-17-05 at 04:41 AM.