View Single Post
Old 10-29-10, 07:59 AM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by john423
The two biggest necessary shifts in "fat person" thinking:

1. The idea that this is a diet that will some day come to an end. Wrong. This is a constant situation. You can't go back to your old way of eating, or you'll put it right back on again. It really is true when they say it's a "lifestyle change," because your old way of living is over.

2. The idea that if you slip up and do something "bad" that you're automatically worthless and will never change. You slipped up. People slip up. Don't beat yourself up over it, and most of all, don't make it worse by saying "oh, I'll always do this, might as well not bother at all," and then reach for the chips after you've had too many cookies.

This is diligence, hard work and can be fun as heck. It's fun to push yourself to do a tiny bit better than you did the day before. There are times when it's fun for me to weigh all my food and count and track every calorie as exactly as I can like a mad scientist of weight loss. You're an athlete, darn it. Loud and proud.
The comment "fun as heck" echoes my remark to CraigB asking if he "celebrated" his weight loss every day.