Thread: Missouri
View Single Post
Old 10-29-10, 02:45 PM
Blues Frog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Going to be in Rocheport 9:30 to 10:00 on Saturday morning. Oct. 30. Will ride to Hartsburg on the KATY Trail, eat, then ride back to Rocheport. Probably at a moderate pace. Maybe we will see some Bike Forums people there. God Bless Y'all. Blues Frog PS Did it and was great. Went through the tunnel first to say I've been there. Then turned toward H'burg and to a late lunch at Dotty's. Back to Rocheport and met Brett Durfur. Turns out he is a cousin of a church friend of mine. He also autographed my copy of "The Complete KATY TRAIL GUIDEBOOK". Brett is a most personable and enterprising young man. I wish him success as the new editor of the "Missouri Conservationist". The guidebook was helpful in our decision on where to eat. If you have a chance hit the trail do so. It was great. All the others on the trail were polite and careful riders. You would think a railroad bed would be the easiest but there is no coasting so you can get a workout if you wish. I prefered to enjoy the fall scenery and the historic points of interest. Later all you fans of Missouri.

Last edited by Blues Frog; 10-31-10 at 05:46 PM.