View Single Post
Old 10-29-10, 02:51 PM
auchencrow

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Bristol Brigand
Hi, I'm new to the forum and I think I have something useful to add to this thread.
I bought a CS frame late 1968 from Overburys in Bristol - it was flam red, with a frame number 051 stamped under the bottom bracket - I still have it! It has been refurbished once by Argos cycles and is a firm friend now despite being pensioned off in favour of an Orbea compact.
I rode the CS frame in several top flight events including the 1969 Scottish Milk Race (South of England team with Paul Newbury, John Varley and 2 guys from the home counties) when Geoff Wiles was riding for the England team.
I was offered a frame (foc) by Brian Rourke but it was at the time when the business was starting to go down the pan so nothing came of it. I continued to ride the CS as my race bike up until 1977 and then as a summer bike right up until 2009!

One piece of info that is not in the thread is that CS had a shop in Bedmisnster, Bristol for a year or so.
Good memories!
Welcome to C&V, Bristol B-
We have a rule though around here that applies to newbies and vets alike:
"It didn't happen without pictures"
- So please post a pic of your bike - (It might be worth retelling the story WITH pics in a new thread - People tend to ignore old dated threads)

Be sure to take the drive side, some good shots of the components for those of us who are not so intimate with a CS as well as the woefully ignorant ones such as yours truly.
It's best to show pics that you host remotely on Flicker or Photobucket or one of those. (All you need to do then is select the link to the image that begins and ends with "[img]" , and paste it into your note.)

PS. does Overby's still exist ? If so how does it look today?