View Single Post
Old 11-01-10, 09:06 AM
greaterbrown

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by balto charlie
Hope you got my email, if not I whacked my knee w/ a 2 lb. maul while busting up cemented fence post. Ended up icing down my knee Saturday night. My wife was bummed that we didn't make the ride. She had costume and all. Did you ride? If so how was it. I was really looking forward to it. Missed cyclovia as well.
Charlie, I did get your email. Very sorry about your knee. I would've loved the company of you and your wife. David Hoskins stopped by the frame shop on saturday and I mentioned that I was headed down to the ride after work. He left the shop, went out and assembled a great looking leprechaun outfit and was ready at 6pm at the start. I mounted a silly mask to my helmet using my two Planet Bike lights as the eyes. I'd guess about 25 riders total and everyone was very civil. The route was fine and we did get a lot of cheers from the locals. Getting into Patterson Park was nuts because of the lantern parade. Half the group stayed there with Nate and half rode with me back to city hall.

I woke up the next morning at the break of noon with a full symptom hangover. I'd stayed a few drinks too long at a friends party. I threw on some clothes and made a very queasy ride up to Roland ave for the last 45 minutes of ciclovia. It's always nice to see a street closed to auto traffic, but ciclovia just doesn't have much passion to it. (the hangover didn't help my judgements though) By the time we left I was ranting that the very people who double park on the bike lanes to get their lattes at Starbucks are the people who organize this event. Teresa got me out of there before I got punched by some upmarket Gilman graduate.

Originally Posted by balto charlie
I'm living vicariously through your post Isaias. Thanks for posting.
+1
Been doing that for years.

BTW, I finally logged all my weekend riding last night. October mileage: 998