View Single Post
Old 11-03-10, 06:59 PM
Smallwheels

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I have electric base board heaters in every room. It makes it easy to regulate which room gets heat. My bedroom is kept warm. I turn on the heat in the kitchen during the day and off at night. I keep a fan blowing from the floor to the wall above the kitchen heater. That air gets circulated into the living room and hallway.

Everybody needs to have a floor fan that blows the air from the floor to the ceiling. It makes the temperature of a room uniform instead of having the air at the ceiling warm and the air at the floor cold. Doing this will save energy. Point the fan at the ceiling. In the summer time point the fan at the center of a wall. That circulates cooler air around the room and helps make the temperature more comfortable thus the thermostat for air conditioners can be raised a little. Of course one could always hog the fan and have it blow directly on your body. If it's just you in the room then it doesn't matter.

My winter electricity bill is over two-hundred dollars per month for an eight-hundred-fifty square foot apartment.