Old 11-04-10, 09:28 AM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TTNC
magohn, what I will really love is to be able to post substantial weigh loss figures like a lot of the people on here do.
Weight loss is rather simple math I-O=C where:

I is calories In this is what you eat, the ideal is to eat foods that have the highest nutritional load per calorie, remember that processing often reduces the nutritional value and increases the calories, so you want to eat foods that are as close to their natural state as possible. Avoid things like Sodas which have no natural state, but are just liquid chemicals, this includes the artificially sweetened ones....

O is calories Out this is what you do, the more active you are the more calories that you use, remember the 15 minute rule, if you can walk there in less then 15 minutes, walk, if you can't walk, but can ride there in less then 15 minutes then ride, only drive the car if you can't walk or ride in 15 minutes or less.

C is Change is there are 3,500 calories in 1 pound or 7,700 calories in 1 kilogram an ideal weight loss to shoot for is around 1lb (~ ½ kg) per week, that means that you should shoot for having a calories Out about 500 greater then calories In.

As for rain, it doesn't always stop you from riding, you just need to put fenders on your bike, dress properly and ride on....