Old 11-06-10, 04:14 AM
wahoonc
Membership Not Required

Bikes: Giant Excursion, Raleigh Sports, Raleigh R.S.W. Compact, Motobecane? and about 20 more! OMG

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by B. Carfree
The only bike share programs that have ever existed in the cities that I have lived in were of the casual, "I've got a few extras for visitors, foreign exchange students and friends" variety. Sometimes they get shared all gone and sometimes people who have a bike with no rider will give it to me to share.
That is pretty much what I do. When family and friends come to visit we dig into my collection of mostly vintage stuff and go riding. I have found that folding bikes are the way to go because they can fit a wide variety of people very easily. I have way too many Raleigh Twentys for that reason. I also hand out/sell bikes to people that want or need them. I just gave my daughter a German trekking bike that I picked up a couple of years ago, she is living car free in Seattle and needed a bike to fill in the gaps in mass transit, so off it went.

Aaron

ISO: A late 1980's Giant Iguana MTB frameset (or complete bike) 23" Red with yellow graphics.

"Cycling should be a way of life, not a hobby.
RIDE, YOU FOOL, RIDE!"
_Nicodemus

"Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
Aluminum: barely a hundred
Which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?"
_krazygluon