View Single Post
Old 11-06-10, 11:41 AM
BengeBoy 

Bikes: 2009 Chris Boedeker custom; 2007 Bill Davidson custom; 2021 Bill Davidson custom gravel bike; 2022 Specialized Turbo Vado e-bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
I liked "Heft on Wheels," too.

Then about a year ago he had an article on Greg Lemond in Bicycling. As I recall the story, it was about how several years earlier he had interviewed Greg Lemond, and then was too depressed/distraught/f**** up to finish the story, so it never appeared. So the story he finally published -- the one I was reading -- was a story about someone who got to interview one of the great cyclists of all time and then couldn't bring himself to finish the story, and what it was like to have interviewed Greg Lemond but not be able to finish the story (at least that's my memory of the Bicycling article).

Having been a journalist at one point in my life, the last thing I want to spend my money on is reading an article about someone with writer's block. If I wanted to experience writer's block again, I could just sit down in front of a typewriter and stress out.

It was an ultra-introspective piece of crap, not worthy of even the low standards of Bicycling Magazine. I was surprised they published it.

I was disappointed.