View Single Post
Old 05-18-05, 12:12 PM
biodiesel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Breakfast:
cereal in a ziplock bag and a little box of soy milk. If you can't find single boxes of soy buy the coffee, milk, sugar drinks at gas stations. I toured light and carried just the cereal and would buy the coffee's the night before. Good very high carb breakfast and no cooking.

Lunch i don't worry about since i'm eating all day.

Dinner, thai noodles cook fast and use little fuel. Easy to find at convient stores and cheap. The kind that comes in its own bowl is nice and it's just add hot water easy. Otherwise a small ziplock of minute rice. You boil it for a few seconds then simmer and let sit. Easy carbs and fiber. Add some protien and your in buisness. I'd usually buy a bit of meat and some veggies to add to the rice or noodles. Frozen precooked shrimps are good protien and just need to be rinsed thawed and dropped in the mix. Cooked tofu blocks (seasoned) are good too, not too much cooking.
If you have the stove fuel you can cook a chicken breast and veggies then top with rice, add a bit of water and simmer for a few minutes. I usually have only enough fuel to boil a little bit.

Another neat trick is to use a meal replacement. You can buy ensure on the road (yuck) or bring a 3rd ziplock of your choice protien powder. I use a combination of whey/ soy protien and find a higher carb version than most that's got all the multivitamins in it. Only use that in the evenings and not in liu of a meal, but it helps the muscles stay strong and is very light and very filling. Bring another ziplock freezer bag, add the last somewhat squishy bannanna, a strawberry or two...zip and squish to a paste. Add a little water, zip and shake into a purree. Add that to the protein powder with a small OJ and you've a bannanna strawberry protien smoothie. YUM

Keeps the shopping down to a few items a night, and your carrying only a few ziplocks of essentials.