Homebrew01
Super Moderator

Bikes: Old Steelies I made, Old Cannondales

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1173 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 612 Posts
Originally Posted by BmoreDrew
Speaking of blemishes.. I have a chip on the stay as well. However, I was cleaning today and noticed my paint is very DULL on the drive side chainstay. I've only had the bike for 3 months at most. Less than 1000 miles on it, I'm sure. I do 50-100 miles a week. None the less, the whole top of the chainstay should not be dull like something ate through the clearcoat.

I've only used dish liquid on the bike. And even if- it's only in that spot (where grease will/does cake up). I tried scratching through it with my fingernail to see if it was just caked on- NO DICE. Kind of disappointed.. not sure if I should complain to Cannondale or what? like really, what will they do anyway?

The chainstay on my pos fixed I haven't washed since I bought it (3 years ago!!!!!!!) looks better. It's a damn BD bike.. if any frame of mine should have paint issues it should be the 200.00 one, not the expensive one!
Perhaps you have a clear plastic chainstay protector that's dull ? Chainstay protectors are a good idea on non-fixed bikes to protect from chain slap.

FYI: http://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sugg...ad-please.html