View Single Post
Old 11-11-10, 01:09 PM
john423
Rain, rain go away

Bikes: 2009 Schwinn Sierra GS; 2010 Specialized Allez Elite Compact; 2009 Jamis Coda Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CraigB
I've been toying with the idea of joining one, especially since my insane co-worker has offered to pay $20 a month toward the membership, with the proviso that I'll join him in a relay tri next year. But even with that offer, I'm not sure I can justify the expense. To get access to spinning, which is most of what I'm after (though I would like to do some resistance work too), most of the clubs around here require something other than their "basic" membership level, and money is darned tight right now. We have a Lifestyle Fitness about 5 blocks from the house, and it would sure be convenient, but after cooling my heels there for over an hour Sunday, waiting to talk to someone about membership, I left in frustration and a bit of anger. I went to the Y, but found their cost too high. I have one other community fitness center to try this weekend, but it's in the neighboring town's park district, and whether an Indy resident can join, and at what cost, remains to be seen.
The Y I used to belong to had a program where the fees were on a sliding scale based on your income/expenses, so you might be able to get a membership at the Y cheaper than you think. Maybe.