View Single Post
Old 11-11-10, 09:17 PM
Watchdog

Bikes: Rocky Mountain Blizzard (stolen), Haro Roscoe (sold), Giant TCX Rabobank, Cervelo RS, Rocky Mountain Altitude

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First off-road ride in about 14 years

I realized I'm 14 years older and it's been a long time, but it seems to me that what used to be considered advanced is now considered intermediate. Is it because suspension is far more prevalent now and riders can easily ride what used to be quite difficult?

I've been on the road or off the bike for the last 14 years. What's different? Me, my skills, and memory, or is it the trails are now harder and I'm not imagining it.

For anyone in my local area I rode up SFU and down the trails. I can't remember the name of the trails, but I'm told what's an advanced trail at SFU or a black, would be considered intermediate on the North Shore. I can believe that as some of that North Shore riding is pretty crazy.

I used to ride SFU in the early 90's and back then I didn't have a bike with suspension. It was a hardtail with a rigid fork, so I can't imagine I was riding these trails w/o suspension back then. I'm thinking the trails are now different and much harder.

Comments?