Old 11-13-10, 05:28 PM
Nightbike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Front tire for Fuji 450 se, does anyone know where to get one???

Okay, so a friend of mine asked me to work on her bike for her. Simple stuff, new brake hoods, tires, tubes, basic tune-up stuff. The bike is pretty cool, it's an 80's Fuji 450 se roadbike. It has a set up kind of like a terry bike, 24" front wheel with a 27" rear. I say kind of like a Terry bike because the front wheel is not a terry bike 24", but some kind of weird size, that I can't find.

The front wheel is stamped "Ukai 24 x 1 1/4" No ISO. The front tire is marked "24 x 1 1/8 SCCR 450" Again no ISO anywhere to be found. SO I assume (we all know what that does), that this sucker must be an iso 540...It's not, that tire is too small.

My next assumption (here we go again) is that it must be a 547, which is strange because the only tire that is a 547 is a cruiser type tire, I need a road bike tire. SO I measure the wheel, and it looks more like it must be an iso 550----WHO MAKES A 550???

Does anyone know anything about Fuji 450 se's, and where I can find a tire? I've looked around the net, and it seems like this might be a strange case of one off tires for this bike. I would be interested in buying a vintage NOS tire if I could find one.

Anyways, all help would be appreciated!
Thanks
-Nightbike!