Single-serving poster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mrrabbit
What I do extended:

1. Hub drive side down...
2. Drop one spoke down into drive side flange...
3. Rim is flat and valve stem is away from me...
4. Spoke goes into second hole left of valve stem...
5. Hub is twisted counter-clockwise...
6. I finish lacing that side of the hub...(I do most basic wheels one side at a time...easier and easier to learn - BUT - has limitations in terms of flexibility...)

7. Find spoke that is on drive side but directly to the right of valve stem hole and locate its hub drive-side hole.
8. Find hole on non-drive side that is in same location but slightly to the right of that drive side hole.
9. Drop in spoke in that hole - splay the drive side spokes to get through...that spoke ends up second hole to right of valve stem.
10. Finish lacing that side of the wheel...

End up with a outside pulling spoke wheel...

Understand that later on when using 12g/13g spokes, asymetrical flange diameter hubs, or hubs wth very tight dimensions such as low profile disc brake hubs - one side at a time lacing runs into a wall.

At some point - you will have to learn how to lace a wheel 1/2 drive, 1/2 non-drive, other 1/2 drive and other 1/2 non-drive at a time.

For now, just get this wheel done.

=8-)
Thanks - I think i've got it somewhat figured out now... This hub has asymmetrical flanges so i'm going to go 1/2 once i figure out what goes where. It is too much bending to fit the leading spokes on the non-drive side otherwise.

About point 2) ... you send those first 8 pulling spokes outbound on the drive flange?