Old 11-14-10, 12:42 PM
hotbike

Bikes: a lowrider BMX, a mountain bike, a faired recumbent, and a loaded touring bike

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 75 Posts
Today, I moved a box of rocks. (dumb as a box of rocks...)
A local road is being repaved, and there were some rocks, like railway ballast, two inch crushed stone, in the intersection. I put most of the big chunks in coffee cans, three coffee cans full. I didn't want to dirty my panniers, that's why I used coffee cans. The rocks were actually out of the roadway, apparently the cars tires swept them out of the roadway. But there was this debris between the RTOL and the main drag, at the intersection of Town Path and Glen Street, here in Glen Cove , Long Island.

The lines hav not been painted yet on this new pavement, so I thought I'd give the DOT a "suggestion". I had chalk with me, so I drew in a triangle between the RTOL and the main road. I would like to see a painted triangle there, with chevrons, or as we call them "zebra stripes".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qne3RSNxbo

This is a video I shot yesterday, going past the intersection. You can only see the rocks for a split second, on the right. I just gave this link so you can see where I am talking about.