Old 11-14-10, 05:35 PM
dsh
Oh, you know...

Bikes: '74 Schwinn Sports Tourer (Polo), S-Works E5 Team Festina (Chorus 11), Trek 2200 Bonded Carbon (Fixed), Trek 920 (7 speed IGH), Chesini Olimpiade SL (1x7)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mission Workshop Rondels: My sole is falling off.

***** NO ADRIANOS ALLOWED BEYOND THIS POINT *****

I pre-ordered my Rondels the first day MW offered them, and was super psyched when they arrived. For two months I've worn them daily on and off the bike. They're the best looking, most comfortable off the bike clipless shoes on the market.

Then, after two months:

For a product from a premium manufacturer (with the premium price tag), this is not cool. After barely two months of use, and probably less than a thousand miles, there is no reason for the sole to be separating like that.

It's not a crippling problem, as it's easily solvable with a little epoxy. This is still the best looking and most comfortable walkaround clipless shoe on the market, but there's no excuse for this quality of construction.

I'd still recommend them to people because the real structural stuff - the stitching and the eyelets and the reinforcement around the cleat - all seem legit. But I thought it should be mentioned somewhere.