View Single Post
Old 11-14-10, 10:47 PM
dwg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
1987 Bianchi Super Leggera

I'm interested in what I believe is a '87 Super Leggera frame and I'm wondering if someone can help me out with the components.
The frame has a Super Leggera decal on the top tube. The cursive script style and a 1987 World Championshp decal on the down tube make me believe the bike is an 87, but I'm wondering whether it could be an 88.
A couple of things about the bike make me wonder whether it is a Super Leggera, or at least whether the headset and BB have been replaced. The dropouts, headset and BB on the frame are all Gippieme (sp?). I would have thought those would be Campy on a near top of the line bike. Another oddity is that the bike has older style a "generic" columbus tubing decal (not the typical "repaint" columbus decal) on the seat tube. Based on other threads, that could mean the frame was repainted or that decal could have just been the most convenient Columbus decal lying around the factory that day. The decals on the fork are celeste Bianchi Formula Columbus. Another perhaps distinguishing feature is that the frame has Bianchi in cursive script on the seat stay.
I'd be grateful for any insight anyone can provide on the frame, what tubing it is and what components were originally on it. Thanks in advance!