Old 11-15-10, 01:04 PM
ColonelJLloyd 

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by badger_biker
Very Nice!! I'm anxious to see follow up pics - especially with the fenders. If you ever do decide to restore the decals please post - I may want to go the powder coat route some day on mine and would like a source.
Was it originally the imperial rose color? I went rattle can to freshen mine up for now and posted some pics in the touring forum a while back - http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...=rose+voyageur

If you haven't ridden one in the past I think you will love the ride the Voyageur gives.
Great looking Voyageur, Badger! I'm planning on installing an interrupter lever (but maybe just for the front brake) much as you did. Contact Velocals if you want reproduction decals. I'm sure he can do them. I suppose my bike is actually an '88 model. It was originally Emerald Green. The headbadge indicated a December 1987 assembly.

I actually have not ridden it. It wasn't really rideable when I got bought it. The ST and TT measurements are exactly the same as my 11.8 so I'm sure it'll fit great but have some subtle differences in ride and stability.

Originally Posted by dashuaigeh
it finally happened! that does look amazing (was there a RAL number for that color?). Noodles and silver shifters + VO outfit? This is going to be one classy classy bike.

The custom headbadge is a neat idea. Are you planning on just having the Tenax decal + headbadge?
I'm sure there was a color code, but I don't know it. I imagine you could find it using the name "molten copper". I had originally asked for "translucent copper", but the powder coater discouraged me because he didn't like the results with it and neither did previous customers. He suggested the three stage (and more expensive) "molten copper" so I trusted him.

Yes, I'm just planning on having the Tenax decal and a custom headbage. I suppose I need one for my chrome bike now too. I ordered the Pass Hunter rack and some other bits today. I'll begin fender installation tonight.

Does anyone have a lead on replacement hoods for older Shimano 105/SLR aero levers? My LBS was going to order them for me from QBP but they were out of stock.

This is what the levers look like. Model BL-L331

I'm assuming that these hoods will be a close enough fit. Am I right?

Last edited by ColonelJLloyd; 11-17-10 at 10:09 PM.