View Single Post
Old 11-15-10, 05:30 PM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 964 Times in 628 Posts
Originally Posted by samuellaw178
Zaphod Beeblebrox: Wow!Really?20 years?That's really a surprise as it looks pretty decent and I would say it looked almost new or have been taken under great care! Thanks, I like the fender too (The main reason I got it so that I can ride it without splashing the mud all over me if it rains suddenly) Hehe

Maddox: Yeah, that's what I thought too but the seller said it's very unlikely because his parents bought it for him. I will sift through the catalogs to see if I get any info Thank you!

You guys are great!Never expected to get reply that soon.

Here's the driveside photo:
It is really common to find old bikes in great shape. Most bikes are never/rarely ridden. So its all about how they have been stored. If they were left outside for years, they are going to be rough, really rough. If they spent their lives hanging from hooks in the garage, they can be dusty, but pristine.

Read the date code off the headbadge, it should be four numbers: 1258 = 125th day of a year ending in an "8". In your case, that code would mean 1988.