View Single Post
Old 11-16-10, 12:56 PM
hotbike

Bikes: a lowrider BMX, a mountain bike, a faired recumbent, and a loaded touring bike

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 75 Posts
Originally Posted by MilitantPotato
That's insane hotbike. I'm guessing that's not just for the holidays, and is a regular setup for ya?
Stay out of Nevada.
I hope I can find some Automotive/Trucking grade , 12 volt , red and amber marker lights , eventually. The items are hard to find, but I often see truckers trailers with LED lights nowadays. I have wrapped the white LEDs with red and amber "lens repair tape" so it doesn't look totally like a holiday decoration. I don't use the Type 10 very often. In the past year, I had it out in the Memorial Day Parade, and I used it 4 or 5 times to move gravel, for mud abatement in a local trail area.

I was going to do this last year, and the year before, but the LED lights were sold out before I could get a set-They were ten dollars then. This year, I saw the LED lights early, they were only $6.39, so I bought the box. I'm not sure if it's deflation, or the factories are lowering the price due to mass production.

I'm thinking how I could make these lights look like marker lights. I don't want to look like I have holiday decorations up year round. I might have to do a lot of cutting and splicing; group the lights together, keep them square, etc.

There are seventy (70) LED's in this string of holiday lights, I want to arrange them as follows:

Front Amber = 15
Right Front Amber =10
Left Front Amber = 10

Rear Red = 15
Right Rear Red = 10
+ Left Rear Red = 10

Total = 70

So it's just a matter of re-arranging the lights into little rectangles. But there will be a lot of cutting and splicing involved. If I can find LED marker lights at the Auto parts store, I will buy new.
The fact is, the LED's are so much more efficient than incandescent, that I can't afford not to use them, for marker lights.
And Marker lights are what the OP of this thread is looking for, IMHO.