Old 11-17-10, 11:19 AM
jayr

Bikes: LHT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need higher bars

My neck and shoulders are getting sore and my hands are going numb after only 15 or so miles. As soon as I sit up and shake it loose for a few seconds everything is fine but it returns rapidly. My bar is about 1.5 inches below my seat so I want to get it up even or maybe .5-1 inch above so I think I'm needing two to three inches. I currently have a 7-8 deg rise stem that is about 100-110 long that came with the bike. I like the lenght on it.

Questions are; what are the advantages to a stem riser vs going with a normal adjustable stem, vs an adjustable stem like the specialized stems?http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/...jsp?spid=41848

Any neg. affects on the bikes handling with any of them? It seems to me that a normal adjustable stem would also move the bars back as you go up so I'm leaning more to a riser or the specialized stem.
I like the idea of the specialized adjustable stem but was wondering how much rise you would get going from 8 deg to 16 deg which is the max for the 12 deg. stem.