Old 11-18-10, 01:47 AM
xoxoxoxoLive

Bikes: 2013 TREK 7.6 FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by NewBiker4
That's what I was worried about. What are some brands to look for?
Sizing is the biggest problem, then adjustments. The Schwinn Tailways, ( Target ), Avenue, ( Walmart ),
SideWinder, ( Walmart ), Tourist, ( Target ), and there are several others to be had. The people who write
about cheap components do not realize that these same ones come on Band names like Giant Sedona, and I could go on. Do not want to start big drama on this though. I can speak for the Tourist ( my son is 5' 5" and
fits him well ), The Trailwys, ( Target also, I'm 5' 10" and fits me like a glove ), Here is a short Video of both....
I said 28 speed in the video, its 24..opps !
To bad on not having LBS close, I have the same problem, 2 hour round trip by car to the closest. But are having
some great deals on close out Gary Fishers, ( 350.00 dollar range ) WOW ! Stay AWAY from RoadMaster, Huffy, Next, Mongoose, just to think of a few. The Tourist 249.00 dollars, Trailway runs 239.00 average, but
you can catch deals on both. Problem with Craigslist, newspapers, garage sales, if you can not size a bike or
work on one, then there is NO difference in department store bikes except at least you get a warranty. Walmart
is the best 90 days with proof of purchase, no questions asked, Target, ( HUM ), but at least they have to go to some training classes to assemble bikes, so they are generally pretty close. At that level price range your
paying bike shops to much, buy one that fits, and then the 30.00 dollars on a basic tune up. ( average going
rate around here )..I also have a Cannodale with Sram X-7 components, and are junk to a guy running X-9 or
X-0.....Here is another short clip of the Tourney rear DR on the Trailways...
Hope this helps, I have nothing against LBS's, and would buy from one to..But be careful there also, had a sales man pushing an XL on me, and I need a large, but can ride a medium..Good Luck, Richard : )