Old 11-18-10, 03:53 AM
cc700
Ths Hipstr Kills Masheenz

Bikes: tirove

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
First of all, i haven't heard of them. they could be amazing.

second of all, there are tons of bikes that suck out there. the main reason they suck is because they are much lower quality than a few other bikes available for the same amount of money. usually, such bikes are just some idiot's foray into a market they don't understand. These 'producers' are overconfident in their design skill and think they can hype their flashy painted knockoff enough to make a considerable profit on rebranded chinese product.

and i'm sorry, but to succeed in that kind of endeavor you have to either cater to idiots, like RYD, or be so ****ing talented and smart that you can actually make a bike worth the price increase over something like a bikesdirect or leader. like Traitor bikes or All-City.

the people behind the latter actually know what they're doing. RYD is just a hipster cess pool run by jackasses selling ****ty bikes and a hyped image that kids in LA go ape for.

usually, the people who refuse to believe that the above is true or applies to their bike are either:
1. selling something
2. butthurt that they spent their money on an inferior product, and deep down know that the hype they bought into is bs.

it's not that these Create bikes are made in china-
it's that they are made in the same factories as bikes that are less expensive and/or more enjoyable to ride/deliver better performance for their intended use.

made in china is par for the course with cheap bikes now. because of this, china's gotten pretty good at making bikes. it's how most chinese people get around, and as with most everything production has moved to asia while america and most of europe do the design and engineering. but that doesn't mean that some small time artwannabe trendy hip hypemongering doushbag company that sets out to make unimaginitive bikes is offering a good product. in this oversaturated market, you have to be a complete idiot to choose a republic bike or an RYD over a kilo or a 722. or a windsor hour. or a goddamn se draft, which is basically a republic bike for a hunded or so less and better wheels. or a madison.

i'm all for supporting the little guy. but i'm not for supporting the little redbull drinking socal bro who thinks he's awesome when his designs are crap and his bikes are more expensive than a fuji track and perform worse than an se draft.

or maybe not. i've never heard of these bikes, and you cite no sources for said 'critical reviews.' i don't intend to look them up either, because i think you're trolling or shilling or both.

Last edited by cc700; 11-18-10 at 04:02 PM.