Daspydyr 
Pedals, Paddles and Poles

Bikes: Santa Cruz Tallboy, Ridley Noah, Scott Spark 20

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1233 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by blamp28
The whole idea of using the credit card dispute to muscle the shop into seeing things your way is unethical. He made a choice and changes his mind. It would be great if the shop offered to help in some way and since it looks like he will be a repeat customer, that would be good business on their part as long as they don't loose out too much either. They have bills to pay and other obligations as well. Stiffing them out of profits after the fact is more than "probably over the top". Honesty is the best policy. There is no gray area here at all Tell the shop owners wht you are experiencing and see what they do. If they make no offer to help, that's the way it works some times and you can chalk that up to tuition costs in the school of life. Next time, ask for a demo set to use or try before agreeing to purchase.

If a salesman muscles you into a purchase, then pushing back is playing by their rules. OP got himself into a bad spot by hitting the road with worn out pedals. He was wrong there. But if a salesman had one product type to offer and promised it would be everything you need, then he got muscled. Pushing back is ethical and the right thing to do. Commission sales people (and hourlies are expected to sell) sometimes need a kick in the shorts.

Quit whining about the retailers who are poorly stocked and practice bad/poor product marketing.

I can't even find my bike when I'm on drugs. -Willie N.