View Single Post
Old 05-20-05, 01:13 PM
mikeb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nycm'er
Hey how far are you riding to get to TSOA? (What are you studying?-'96 grad) I have seen the bike lot, it is several blocks away, past the library, I do think it would be safer than the street, but the distance my not be worth it. There are lock up racks on the north side of the building, I have heard of them being a shopping area for bike theives. I second what MonsterK said about not locking in the same place. Watch what you lock to, sign posts with no signs on top, or construction sheds that the poles can be unscrewed to get around your locks. I would put bolt skewers on and chain down your seat. Make the thief take time. The NYU "Campus" being in the Village, next to Washington Sq Park, is home to so many scam artists, but look at how many delivery bikes there are to steal, that seems to be the resale market to me.
I don't know just yet. I'm planning on living somewhere in Brooklyn because it's cheaper and it's where all my friends are. Near Park Slope would be good but I won't know until mid July when I actually try to nail down a place. If you know of anyone who is giving up a one bedroom let me know :)

I'm studying at the Interactive Telecommunication Program.

As for the ride, I appreciate the advice. It sounds like I shouldn't ride any bike I can't have stolen. I'll also stay away from the racks and move my ride around.