View Single Post
Old 11-22-10, 01:11 PM
zjrog

Bikes: 1986 KHS Fiero, 1989 Trek 950, 1990 Trek 7000, 1991 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo, 1992 Trek 1400, 1997 Cannondale CAD2 R300, 1998 Cannondale CAD2 R200, 2002 Marin San Rafael, 2006 Cannondale CAAD8 R1000, 2010 Performance Access XCL9R

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked 385 Times in 207 Posts
Love all the stories. I've been busy this past week. First, I didn't measure my incision, but appears to be about 13" or so. Range of Motion is what my therapist has beat me up over. Sitting, Friday, I managed to get to 100* bending my knee. That HURT! But she pushed me on to 105*, and I was in tears!

As for stairs, she has me going up with both feet *AS I CAN TOLERATE*. She says I'm not ready for both feet down yet. A few more days and more work. Peter, I am still afraid of the stairs...

I HATE the CPM machine. But am up to 110 on it. Friday I start outpatient therapy. And it won't be with my friend. Though, she wants me to let her know when I'm ready for the gym, so she can coach me some. She did suggest a particular therapist and I will use her suggestion. Like I said, we're friends otherwise, except when she is my therapist...

Agree, my doc and the therapists know what need to be done. But its also nice to hear how others got through as well.

As for diet... Hasn't been the best, with people bringing food and scrounging on my own... BUT, aware that sedentary living makes it easy to gain weight, I've actually managed to LOSE 5 pounds these last couple weeks. Hoping that is a start to keeping it off.

I got behind on my meds the other day and took almost 12 hours to get comfortable again. THAT was no fun. Saturday, after a walk in the cul-de-sac Friday with the therapist, I walked it again,and managed to do that twice before it snowed. The rest of the day I was nearly depressed. Tired of the same walls, nothing decent on TV, not ready to hit the garage for even simple projects. I was bored. Yesterday, friends dropped by throughout the day, GREAT neighbors cleared the 10" of snow from my driveway and sidewalks.

This morning, the home health nurse dropped by to change my bandage. And to draw blood. I hate needles, and she knew it. And somehow thought an 18 gauge needle would be fine. THAT hurt, felt like a PIPE being shoved into me. And she missed the vein. Changed to a 22 gauge and to the other arm and hit first try... But that is my only complaint with the nurses. But still THAT is a biggy. I'll be off Home health Wednesday, which is also when I see my doc. My knee is still swollen, but otherwise looks good, the bruising is down as well.

Thanks folks for letting me vent here.

Last edited by zjrog; 11-22-10 at 01:15 PM.