Old 11-22-10, 09:36 PM
900aero

Bikes: Pinarello FPQuattro, Giant XTC 29er

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smaller workouts might look like this:
Swim: 2-3 2.5km pool sessions or an ocean swim + pool session. Time spent in open water is very important. You need to know how to swim in chop, currents and navigate by landmark without stopping or breaking your stroke.
Bike: 20-40km sessions, often broken into intervals. Also include my commute ( when I do it) as this is about 40km each way but broken up by a train trip. Also do a wind trainer session or two most weeks and these are usually interval/output based as my trainer has a watt metre.
Run: Smaller & on different surfaces. I like to barefoot beach run with the dog and find this is helping me build up lower leg & foot strength. Also a really nice way to start/finish the day. You could put in a barefoot session on grass too. Definitely still do some road sessions though

One thing I should be clear about is that I am very much an amateur, novice triathlete. I used to be a reasonable ( state level) swimmer & runner but I have never biked competitively and have LOTS of work to get up to speed. I would like to be competitive in my age group at sprint/olympic distance over this season and next.

Any help?