View Single Post
Old 11-24-10, 08:14 AM
Lamabb
Doesn't ride enough

Bikes: 2010 Cannondale Caad9 5 / 2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker/ 2013 Orbea Orca Bli2 / 2011 Specialized Rock Hopper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks for the info guys. I'll be sure to make changes based off the road Cbike provided.

@cbike: I didn't use the google bike directions, I am just using the create a map feature to plan out my route becuase I can see bike paths, street view(which I made sure I was on no gravel roads unless they were short) and that it's a pretty easy way to plan a good route.

I decided to go through Cleveland purposely becuase I know that by that point I'll be craving some urban, if even a little. Since I'll be riding through rural farmland for the next few thousand miles, I figure some urban riding on route 6 on the lake wouldn't kill me as long as I can get through it in one day's ride to be able to camp out again (or find a warmshower host).

I do take some high traffic roads like route 6 in the beginning of my trip, but once you're out of the cities these "high traffic" don't seem to horrible. The cars move fast, but they typical give you more thane enough passing room. That's my experience from riding out west on an occasion. Also, all my riding takes places in the suburbs of New york city or in the city itself, so I'm pretty accustomed to traffic.

Last edited by Lamabb; 11-24-10 at 08:15 AM. Reason: mroe info