View Single Post
Old 05-21-05, 12:48 PM
Terex

Bikes: Specialized 6Fattie, Parlee Z5, Scott Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 24 Posts
What kind of supplements are you talkin' about? The aspirin and the multivitamin are about it. I'm still tinkering with my ride fuel. Usually Balance bars and regular Gatoraid with water. The "endurance" Gatoraid appears to just add extra sodium - which I'm trying to avoid, other than the minimum amount appropriate to my level of activity. Also I usually have pre- and post ride bananas. My wife is a Doctor of Pharmacy as of this coming August (already has BS Pharmacy, MS Drug Information Science and multiple certifications - consultant pharmacist, diabetic consult credentials, etc., etc.). We're a "the fewer drugs the better" kind of family. Be thankful for the ones you really need, and skip all the others. The lack of purity, dosage control, etc. with "supplements" or "natural aids" is always troublesome. My diet is well balanced, and I make modest adjustments based on enjoyment, quality/availability and perceived health benefits. I spend a premium for the highest quality fresh foods and really think "supplements" have no place in my diet.