Old 05-21-05, 06:12 PM
Maelstrom 
Wood Licker

Bikes: Trek Fuel EX 8 27.5 +, 2002 Transition Dirtbag, Kona Roast 2002

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Ok my progression caught me by surprise. I knew I was getting better but hadn't really been testing myself or even really trackign it. I was Riding a set of trails called the Chris Markle trails. Pretty tech xc trails with lots of involved pumping and really sharp switchbacks. I would never have been able to clean these even last year pre-dh season but I cleared them. I got a little turned around and went down this unknown trail. This ended up being a very short trail but it was a 'go-between' for two other trails. I remembered I had ridden this before and scared myself to pucker point.It was steep had decent turns in the middle of steepness and very rutted. Little dropoff to add to the flavour and even on one turn on fallen tree just sticking out. I didn't even blink this time. I just flew down the trail off the brakes railing the turns and thinking "wow this is kinda steep" and then I was done. The only think giving it away was the fallen tree. Very good day of riding. I wasn't up for the skinny riding I wanted to do, but on a rainy muddy day I enjoyed some xc trails and some dh fun Progression sometimes sneaks up on ya.