Old 12-01-10, 11:10 PM
folder fanatic
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ShinyBiker
Right now, I have 2 folders. One, is a brompton, which is my multimodal commute folder. That's when I combine car, rail and or other public transit. The small package of the Brommie is best for this. My other folder is a DT IGH front suspension. I use this more than my full size bike. I like front suspension because of my propensity to cut through parking lots and curb jumping and some bad roads.
I once had 4 folding bicycles until recently-2 Dahons (Boardwalk S1, Piccolo), Brompton CE3, and my newest addition, a 1970s Raleigh Twenty.

I am toying with the idea of selling my 3 speed brommie and getting an ultra light brompton with one speed (titanium?). I've also seen the Dahon Mu Uno, which is intriguing, but the folded package may be not as compact as the brommie.

Also, my brommie also serves as my "take on business trips" bike.
I sold one Dahon, donated the other and now only have two. My Brompton is the primary bike as it has been for all the five years I had it. I find my multi-purposed Brompton bike takes care of all my transportation needs. In the future, I plan to upgrade to a six speed one. But unlike you, I will keep this present one. Who says I can only own one at a time?

For me, 2 folders is plenty as I don't do any long distance touring or even long weekend rides. If I did, I'd probably add another folder to the stable.
+1. My riding habits are similar to yours. The only difference is I always will make room for another Brompton (or a classic UK made Austin or Morris Mini Cooper).