guadzilla
Pointy Helmet Tribe

Bikes: R5, Allez Sprint, Shiv

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked 627 Times in 295 Posts
Originally Posted by rruff
Having your arms stretched out might not be super comfy, but Obree set the hour record that way. So long as you aren't doing 100 mile TTs you can probably adapt easily enough.
True. A dose of HTFU never hurt, eh?

@Quel - This fit is for a new frameset and is my initial set-up. I plan to ride it for a season or so, see how I do and then have it re-done/optimized later. I merely want to get it set up into a good starting position for now.

I did read that Slowtwitch article. Several times, actually. Picked the frame (a Planet X Stealth) based on approximating a TT position on my road bike (sitting up on the saddle and estimating where my arms would be in a tuck), and for the most part, it seems fine.

It's not so much a specific problem per se - I am just not fully certain that the solution the fitter has found for me is the best one, that's all, and was trying to see what others who have a similar build as me do, in order to understand what my other options are. So far, I have 2: 1/ Lower/wider and 2/ Superman. Will give all 3 a try and see how it goes.

V.