View Single Post
Old 12-10-10, 07:53 AM
Zephyr11
Pint-Sized Gnar Shredder

Bikes: '09 Jamis Komodo, '09 Mirraco Blend One, '08 Cervelo P2C, '08 Specialized Ruby Elite, '07 Yeti AS-R SL, '07 DMR Drone

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jamesdak
Umm, it's a mountain bike. Throw on some studded tires and get out there. Riding MBs indoor in the winter is for wimps!
I'd take Ray's over the snow any day. Heck, if it were close to me, I'd take a park like that over the trail every so often.

Before I started mountain biking, I did a little bit of rock climbing. And I really liked gym climbing. A lot of the other climbers thought I was nuts because it was "so much better" outdoors, but indoors, you could work on your skills in a controlled environment, the camaraderie was almost better indoors than outdoors (kind of reminds me of snowboarding in the park vs the entire mountain, if that helps), and if you hurt yourself, you weren't laying there wondering how the hell you were getting back to your car. And you never get rained on. Not that I'm a huge wimp who won't go outside in the rain, but very few people would actually RATHER ride in the rain than in nice weather. I've never been to Ray's. But from the pictures/videos I've seen and everything I've heard, it looks great. A little expensive, but I guess they need to get the money for new stuff from somewhere.

Last edited by Zephyr11; 12-10-10 at 08:08 AM.