Old 12-13-10, 06:23 PM
urban rider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Spudd
Well, I thought we were, LOL. We had a talk last night (it's just me and my husband) and decided we were going to sell it. But today he took it to get the transmission fluid topped up so it would be safer to drive (and would behave better when people come to test drive it), and when he found out it was only $20 to top up the fluid he called me and said he was thinking of keeping it now. So we'll have to talk tonight - he called while I was in the middle of a work emergency so I couldn't get into it.

The plan is we will combine walking, biking, public transport, car sharing, and renting cars. Our everyday stuff will be on foot and by bike, if we need to go downtown (20km from our house) it'll likely be public transport unless it's a weekend and we have time. We'll use car sharing for big shopping trips if needed, and car rental for out-of-town trips.

Challenges or problems - if a bike is unridable and needs to go to the shop, how do we get it there? Public transport or car sharing would probably be how we'd handle those, or just walk the bike to the LBS which is about 2km from our house (assuming it's walkable). Haven't really thought of any others but I'm sure they'll come up as we go along.

Newspaperguy - we live at the north end, so we're not really downtown. Even so, it's pretty easy to get around where we live. We have 2 different bus routes at our door and we're a 15 minute walk from the subway.
It isk a mind set in making that move to cycling instead of driving. Once you do you will be surprosed how money you will save. Good luck.