Old 12-15-10, 05:32 PM
accordionfolder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Get buzzed, politely explain the law, get hit by truck, police indifferent. Help?

Biking home from work in good ol' Louisville, KY when a jerk in a dark colored truck buzzes the crap out of my shoulder. Nearly hits me.

He stops at the next red light. I pull up next to him and tell him (rather politely) that the law requires 3 feet of passing room. The other redneck get's out of the truck, tells me that I better ride on or else. I tell him the law politely again. He pulls something off his dash and threatens me (not sure what, something black and ominous). I'm moving out of the way when the driver hits me with his car, not hard, but hit me none-the-less. The passenger says, "Don't hit him!" I move to the side, call the police.

The police finally get's there, and to make a long story short, says that it's probably not the best idea to tell people that at night, when they can't see you at the end of rush hour (i'm fully lighted). Says that nothing will come of this (since me and my bike where fine), questioned if I REALLY wanted to file a report. I politely request the report. (seems slightly annoyed)

What should I do?