Old 12-16-10, 04:43 PM
sauerwald

Bikes: Bianchi San Remo - set up as a utility bike, Peter Mooney Road bike, Peter Mooney commute bike,Dahon Folder,Schwinn Paramount Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a ferrari testarossa which has the suspension bottom out when I try hauling bags of cement from Home Depot to my jobsite - is there a way to set this car up to make it better at hauling construction materials?

MulliganAl I too am in my 50s, and I commute daily. The Tarmac was designed as a racing machine, the priorities were to make it light weight and to provide a geometry that would allow the maximum possible speed. The targeted rider was someone half our age who was more concerned with going fast than being able to work once he got to where he was going - his going fast was his work! If I were you, I would seriously consider using a different bike for commuting - you can probably get a nicely set up commuter for less than the cost of the wheelset on your tarmac, and save the carbon bike for weekends when you want to ride fast and feel like you are young again! I have a bike which is set up as a dedicated commuter - racks, fenders, lights, comfort geometry etc, and another bike which I ride on the weekends -