View Single Post
Old 12-21-10, 11:44 AM
Abneycat
Hooligan

Location: Base of the Rocky Mountains, Canada. Wonderous things!

Bikes: 2010 Cannondale Hooligan 3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by fopianki
Hey Abneycat, thanks for the review and photos...I just rode my brand new Hooligan 8 to work for the first time today...21 degrees and I grinned all the way! Could you tell me what brand rack and front fender you installed on your bike? thanks Frank
Hello fopianki! The front fender is an SKS shockboard. I think most of the plug in MTB fenders should work on this bike, but can only confirm that the shockboard will work at this point in time.

The rear rack is an Axiom phoenix LE rear rack. But any normal-esque rear rack will work on this bicycle, and it does not have to be disc specific thanks to the chainstay mounted disc brakes. In these photos I was using P-clips to secure the top stays of the rack but shortly after, purchased one of these:

http://axiomgear.com/products/gear/r...k-seat-collar/

In 34.9

Which fits the frame on the Cannondale, holds that huge seatpost in place quite nicely, and provides a real place for the rack to bolt onto. I found it much better than the P-clips, and if you can find a similar product for yourself, I would recommend it.