Old 12-22-10, 11:50 AM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
So I think you can make a 3/4 length pair of knickers out of one sweater, if you don't want pockets. Looks like two are needed for a full pair of pants. The sleeves are going to make great legs; you can get your foot through, but it's tight enough to have no chance of being caught in the chain.

Also, cutting the arms off a wool sweater gets you a good pair of leg warmers. You can get the sweater for $2.50 at the thrift store if you look around for the sale items.

One of the sweaters that became raw material for this project was a turtle neck. I cut the neck out, ie took a razor and made a circle, so now it's a neck gaiter. I prefer the neck gaiters you buy, but this one isn't bad, it's just smaller.

Originally Posted by cyclokitty
PLEASE post pics of the merino sweater pants, SF. I have a pile of wool sweaters and the idea sounds I intriguing.
Ok. I did some work on them last night, and I learned that kitties love merino! I left a few sheets of wool on the couch and went out to feed the ducks in the shipping canal, and when I got back, Miss Parsley was making cat paws and purring, on the wool.