Old 12-22-10, 01:48 PM
sonic.soul

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone

Originally Posted by magohn
Welcome aboard! I like the color scheme on your ride. How far do you commute?
I was commuting about 14km each way (or 8km if I was having a lazy day), but that was only for 4 months in the summer while I was completing an internship for school. Back in class now but plan on commuting by bike when I start full time in May!

Originally Posted by john423
Welcome!

How tall are you? If its any consolation, the picture looks like you carry your weight well.

And are those clipless pedals on that bike? You using that to ride to work? How's that going? There's a 2,000 page thread elsewhere on the board that's about 50 percent me whining about the clipless pedals on my road bike. I couldn't imagine riding to work in the darn things.
I am 6 foot 5 inches! I carry it quite well but it still gets in the way for biking and hockey, plus the whole health aspect

Yea, they are some cheap Welgo SPD pedals that have treated me well, I wouldn't even consider riding without clipless pedals now! This summer I am building up a dedicated commuter and will be outfitting it with dual-side pedals, one side SPD the other side just a regular bmx flat for times I don't feel like putting on my cleats.

Originally Posted by contango
Welcome Jordan!

Honestly, that picture looks much like I did when I was 280 and hadn't exercised in many years.

I'm still somewhere around 260 now (I don't tend to weigh myself very often) but dropped around 4" off my waistline, mostly thanks to cycling.
I am looking forward to dropping off the waistline, maybe even buy some jeans from a regular store!

Originally Posted by jethro56
Welcome! I read your blog and think your 4 month goal is reasonable.May I suggest that you begin thinking long term. I've been on my journey for a year and a half. When I began I told myself I'll give this two years to achieve my goal and if I don't get there I'll give it two more years.

As far as Spin classes and the gym is considered expect to be ignored for quite a while.The vast majority last less than two weeks. Most you only see one time.The very few that continue with it start out slow and hold themselves back. Try to enjoy the workouts you're only competing against yourself.
Thanks for the advice, I plan on adding some long term goals come January 1st!

As far as spin class went I did my first one this morning and woah, that was a workout! I think I will stick with it, I just need to learn to pace myself so I am not dead after 25min

Originally Posted by txvintage
Welcome Jordan! You live in one of my very favorite cities, but I'm not sure about winter commuting there!
No winter commuting for me, it's all in the car with the seat warmers cranked to high! Have you ever lived in Calgary or just visited?