View Single Post
Old 12-22-10, 10:03 PM
folder fanatic
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not enough room for doubts here? I simply have them and express them when I do. Does it mean sarcasm? Not necessary. I simply readopted my rather frugal upbringing which borders on conservatism-and lots of thinking and asking questions before plucking down a large investment of money or time in either selecting, using, or maintaining any given bike, not necessary the Hooligan. As for the lifespan of anything that crosses my path, I do try to get a good idea of it before I integrate it into my life. I know most things have planned or built in obsolescence in this society-i.e. this computer I an tying on right now 2-4 years only. I am also aware of it as this long term recession continues in my region and the more empty both large big box and little guy stores creating even longer lines of the under and unemployed does that to a person. So a little research online verifies my suspicion about aluminum frames-http://www.shopwiki.com/wiki/Road+Bicycle+Frames.

The choice is strictly yours in whatever you do in your life. I would not want to take away freedom from anyone that can-and able to-exercise it still. I do wish I did get up on the wrong side of the bed and this cautionary bad feeling I have been experiencing for the past several years is only a bad dream threatening to be a nightmare. Yes, I actually like to check out the official Website, then go see for myself (trip to a dealer in this case Cannondale) if I have the time, the dealer is close enough to visit and form my own opinions. I can honestly say for sure right now that the Hooligan is a perfect bike for the younger set-or with a younger view- with ample financial freedom and loves to do trick riding. I know young people around here would give their right arm for one. I was young like that once (although minus the trick riding). But growing up poor and falling out of the middle class and returning to the same muck seems to change me into what my family-of-origin tried to keep me from-depression era style frugality. So...that means conservatism in buying and using steel bikes only with a given track record for now (well, until the good times return, then we will see....).

But sincere best wishes in the enjoyment of your new bike.