View Single Post
Old 05-25-05, 10:57 PM
my58vw
Meow!

Bikes: Trek 2100 Road Bike, Full DA10, Cervelo P2K TT bike, Full DA10, Giant Boulder Steel Commuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Weight training...

Ok here we go...

Today I decided to drop by the school gym and since I was not riding today and tomarrow is just a fast tempo ride (LT intervals on Friday this week) I did a hard leg workout. With limited time I ended up doing Leg Presses, Leg lifts and curls (basically quads and hamstrings). I did 5 sets on each machiene, 12 reps to failure, and I mean to failure with burning, etc, like getting done with a strong interval.

I after the workout I could really feel I did something substantial lower bodywise. My quad and hamstrings were sore and it was a little hard walking up strairs. After about 30 minutes everything felt normal. I am used to after a real hard BT workout on the bike feeling sore and drained for a few hours but I do not feel that way.

That said how do you know you did something weight training? Should you feel sore after a strong workout like that? I find it simular to a sprint workout where arobically I am spent but my legs feel good.

Thanks as always.

(Please do not make this thread about weight lifting or not)...