Old 12-28-10, 11:14 AM
sean000

Bikes: Rivendell Atlantis, Kogswell P58, 1988 Pinarello, Rivendell Wilbury (my wife's bike)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The vintage forum is definitely the place to ask. My wife's grandfather had a similar pair of his/her Raleigh 3-speeds from the 1960s. They were a beautiful brown color and in excellent condition. One even had the original Brook's leather saddle bag hanging off the Brooks saddle. I discovered these bikes in his garage when my wife and I first started dating about nine years ago. We were visiting him in Southern California and I commented on how they were collectors items and to let me know before he gets rid of them. He seemed surprised that anyone would care about such old bikes in his garage. He moved not long after that and the bikes disappeared. He isn't even sure what happened to them. I was very sad, because I had plans to give them a good home. But yeah...I don't have any idea what they are worth. If you can find a similar model on eBay it might give you some idea. I do know that vintage Raleighs have a following, but with all things collectible the value is in the details. If there is something about either model that makes it rare, or if it has original parts and accessories that are in excellent shape, it will help the value. That vintage Brooks leather saddle bag hanging off the back of one of the bikes I mentioned might have been worth more than the bike itself since the leather seemed like it was in pretty good shape. And being an original accessory it definitely would have added to the overall value of the bike.