Old 12-29-10, 10:11 AM
LapinAgile

Bikes: Specialized Langster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks BCRider - I looked at a few examples of those 'bullhorns' and they may do the job, and you're right, I was tending to rest on the center portion of the drop bars for comfort, a very bad habit I can see and would make for poor control in emergencies. And I could easily see those interrupter brakes, if one is not careful, encouraging this habit for a newbie. Obviously I need more time on the bike to get more comfortable. I'm probably also having some 'skill/habit transfer' issues, having spent so many years on motorcycles where seating position and access instantly to the controls is so critical.

skilsaw - All in all I'm convinced that a slight bar riser, or 'bullhorns', and more convenient brake access not positioned like interrupters is what I'll need. Why not make this learning period safe and comfortable? After that, if my back still complains I'll look at a shorter raised angle stem. And Gawd are you right about endless add-ons and changes, 'farkling' a motorcycle is an endless and expensive joy.

Thanks for all the help guys, going get into the rear hub today to see what's going on there - Hava Goody!