View Single Post
Old 09-24-02, 04:09 PM
freerider biker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BUY A TREK OR A K2 DUDE! You will be so pleased with any of Trek's or K2's hardtail bikes. No offense, but unless you buy a more expensive bike from Giant (like their DH bike), their bikes will fold on you rather quickly. They're quite suitable for casual riding like, riding to town. But if you try using it on the real terrain, you'll be looking at some trouble. I had some friends with Giant hardtails and the frame started to crack after going on a trail here in CT. But seriously Trek and K2 make the best bikes.

I have a 1999 Trek 6000 and it's still riding like new. I've even taken it off drops and the frame takes the beating!!! No cracks after all the abuse I've given it. Their bikes will last for a long time and are designed to take the beating of the trail. They have a great selection. So go choose.

I also got a K2 Disco Monkey. Serious bike but its FS, not hardtail. However, I've ridden their hardtails and their very solid. Frame is constructed with lots of stregnth and durablilty in mind. Hope this helps.

Last edited by freerider biker; 09-24-02 at 04:18 PM.